Bangga Jadi Indonesia, about being proud


Watch the video with Bahasa subtitles here:







Enjoying the view over Lampung from Munchak

Over proud?


When I posted Nasi Padang, Om Telolet Om and Komodo Ping Pong, it's been people commenting that Indonesians are "over proud" when they feel enthusiastic about a foreigner singing about their culture. 



I have been thinking about this for a while and of course I respect that some people has this opinion. Everyone are entitled to their own opinions. However, my opinion is that it's good to be proud of your own country and culture. I love Norway and I'm super proud of my country, it's a beautiful country with some of the most breathtaking nature in the world, it's safe and it's a fair country that works hard to reach gender equality and takes care of the old and poor citizens. I love Norway and if someone says good things about my country, I feel proud.

Et innlegg delt av Audun Kvitland Røstad (@kvitlandmusicofficial)



BUT, that doesn't stop me from showing love and respect to any others. It's possible to be proud and still show respect and love to everyone else. So my message is: Love your self, and be as proud as you want as long as you leave room in your heart to love countries and cultures that is different from your own at the same time. 


Et innlegg delt av Audun Kvitland Røstad (@kvitlandmusicofficial)

My next song is about traveling in Indonesia and it's actually called "Bangga Jadi Indonesia". 
I wrote it while I was traveling in Lampung with The Robinson Journey in April this year, and will be the theme song for the series! Can't wait to see it :) 

Take a look at the top of this article to get a sneak preview from the song!


Make sure to tune in to Robinson Journey on Metro TV!

Comments

Trending